SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: No physical description was given. The complainant stated he believed the suspects were white males by the voices.
WEAPON: Possible knife, unknown type
VEHICLE: No vehicle was involved in this incident.
On 2/14/2011 at approximately 8:03 p.m., a UH student reported to UHDPS that he was robbed while in the Farish Hall exterior restroom. There were no injuries. The student stated the robbery occurred at approximately 7:03 p.m. that evening. The student stated he was approached from behind and one of the suspects placed a metal object he believed to be a knife against the left side of his neck and demanded his wallet. The UH Student stated he knew that at least two suspects were present, but did not see them, and would not be able to identify the suspects. The suspects stole the student’s wallet and $50.00 in cash and fled the area in an unknown direction.
If you have any information about this incident, please contact UHDPS at 713-743-3333.
Confrontations can occur without provocation, through no fault of your own. When such confrontations do occur, there are some actions you can take:
- BE ALERT!!
- Be cautious when approached by an unknown person; even the nicest person can have ill intent.
- Remain as calm as possible.Your own initiative and clear thinking are your best defenses.
- The University has more than 70 Emergency call boxes placed strategically around campus, use them! The call goes directly to the UHDPS Dispatch Center.
- Report the incident. Call the police immediately and report what has happened. Call (713) 743-3333 or 911.
- Do not walk alone, if at all possible walk in groups.
- Try to notice details. This can allow you to provide the police with detailed physical and clothing descriptions of the person(s) involved.
- If a vehicle is involved, try to note the vehicle's license plate number or the vehicle's manufacturer, model and color or any other identifying features.
Updates to this alert and past alerts will be posted at https://www.piersystem.com/go/doctype/1093/21522/.
In any emergency situation, or if you see suspicious activity, call 9-1-1. For more information on staying safe and your role in preventing crime, please visit the website of the University of Houston Department of Public Safety at www.uh.edu/police.
About this Site
The University of Houston Emergency Operations Center is your single resource for up-to-the-minute information about campus emergency incidents including school closures or announcements about unfavorable weather conditions around our area.
Parents, contractors, and the general public can also join our mailing list to receive notifications.